Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation
Default Its That Easy!!!

I just started a new job a few months back and got to know all my new coworkers really well over these past few weeks especially one in particular, Wanda. As I walked past Wanda's desk I saw she was collecting soda tabs (see picture below) and I asked why?? She explained that her nephew, who is only 5, has had 5 strokes and is having all sorts of problems with his heart, has been in and out of the hospital since he was born and he currently is still in the hospital for therapy and monitoring. She explained that when she donates these tabs to her nephew's hospital, his bill is substantially lowered/discounted. On top of all this, her nephews parents are struggling with all sorts of bills and that the father had just lost his job, leaving the mother to work non stop without seeing much of her son. Since they have to pay a certain percentage of their sons medical bills, Wanda my coworker, asked everyone at our office to help with this if we could and just take off the tab of every soda can we drink and place them on her desk. My thinking, since I have the ability to reach out to so many through CA and knowing how great BOTL's and SOTL's can be...if you can remember while your drinking your favorite soda with your smoke, or just any time of the day, please pull of the tab when your done and put them in a zip lock baggy or a USPS box. If you are willing to save and stock pile these tabs, I will gladly pay the shipping for a box, bag, or envelope so we can help this family out in there great time of need. All you have to do, is save soda tabs, Its That Easy!! PM when you have a bunch saved up and I will gladly pay for shipping!!
Thank you for taking time out to read this post and I hope we can make this work
Taki