Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Talking My Daughter Buys Her First Car - By Herself

Well mostly by herself. It's not new - but new to her. You know as a parent you kind of cheer quietly to yourself as your kids make steps on the way to being an adult. And this is one of those things.
She has been asking questions on cars, loans and stuff for the past week and I dispensed advise. Today she comes home from work and sits down by the computer with me and asks what I thought about a specific SUV. Well one thing led to another and we visited every manufacturers web site looking at financing, graduate student programs and such. She decided that a good used would be the best for her budget. Over to Carmax, hell we must have looked at several hundred SUVs before we narrowed it down to 7, then to 5 and finally 2. 20 minutes later she had decided on this 2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus - decently loaded with on board NAV, leather interior and stuff.
Next we called our insurance company (USAA) to get coverage rates and then had the girl switch us over to the auto finance. 25 minutes later she had her loan at a very nice 3.9%.
The car is being transferred to the local Carmax and may be here by Wednesday. She is excited and thrilled and her mother and I are smiling broadly on the inside. It's one of them parent things -

Ron

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4D Sport Utility

RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote