Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough
Default The Cigar gods are angry with me...

So after buying a few cigars at the Navy Exchange, and finding them dry and tasteless. I decided to make a trip the AF base to see if they had a decent humidor. When I walked in the humidor was standing open, but the Hygrometer read 61rh 71f. Not ideal but better than the NEX where the hygrometer's battery was dead and god only knows what the conditions were in there.

I picked up 2 AF 8-5-8, a Cuesta-Rey #95, AF curly head, and Brick-House Toro. Then I went to grab an "El Baton" that had "Cigar Afficianado rated 91" on it. When I picked it up I noticed it was riddled with holes, as were several others in that box as well as the box adjacent to it (Also El Baton). I read a thread a few days ago about bugs and had no problems identifying tobacco beetles (Thanks CA). The things had eaten through the cellophane and all. I let the nice lady behind the counter know she had a problem and removed the offending boxes from the humidor for her. But I went ahead and bought the ones I had already picked out after I made sure they werent infested, on the outside anyway.

Was that a bad move? Im almost afraid to smoke these now, I only bought five and I'll have em smoked by Sunday probably so I'm not too worried about freezing them to kill the bugs, but should I have bought them at all? I don't want to be smoking a cigar and hear that wonderful "POP!" that you get when some insect gets set on fire and explodes. I'd prolly toss my cookies right then and there.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote