Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation
Default My son the sales guy

I have to brag on my son. I've been bugging him to get a part-time job for a year. It's tough around here for a highschool kid to get a job because the unemployment rate is so high. Most places are starting the hiring age at 18 and he's only 17. He wants to study atmospheric sciences and knows just about everything weather related. His dream is to be a storm chaser.

Nate decided to put together a presentation on how he could do storm chasing for the local news stations and stream a live feed to their website. he's already got the equipment (using my laptop). Anyway, he approached all the TV stations in the area and was relentness in his sales pitch. He finally got the local NBC station to meet with him and see what he had to say. The head meteoroligist and station manager were in the meeting. He showed his setup with the laptop, camera, gps, and radar program and started negotiating like he already had the job! They said they wanted to do it but had to find funds in the budget. They called him on Monday and said they would take him on as an independant contractor and pay his asking price of $100 per feed. Contracts are being written and he's doing what he wants to do. The amazing thing is this was his idea and his presentation. He didn't even show it to me before he went. He did borrow one of my ties. The funny thing is that he is also negotiating ownership of the feed so can resell it to TornadoVideos.net at the same time!

If the weather thing doesn't work out for him, I'm sure he will do well in Corporate America. Here's a pic he took of our last storm:

MCS