Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #10
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Verizon Finally Lands iPhone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
This is the killer....people currently with VZ jumping the gun by getting the iphone ASAP. I think I will wait until the summer for the supposed 5g iphone. Heck, I've been patiently waiting over 2 years for this day to come.....what's another few months
Will you please tell that to my wife? I'm not relishing having to try to talk her into waiting a few more months.

The real deal breaker for me at least, is not so much the lack of 4g since VW will not have the entire country covered (at least to the extent that the 3g service does) until the end of 2012 or early 2013.

The issue is that the CDMA protocol doesn't allow for simultaneous data and voice. That WILL be rectified in late 2011. I would want a guarantee that this iphone phone will be compatible with that. And that ain't gonna happen.

They (apple) are not stupid, there is a reason their stock is hanging around $340 a share. They are masters at getting people to buy the same thing over and over again.

Whatever they unveil in July is going to be just different, sexy, cool enough to make the hunk of aluminum and circuit boards that you spent a week’s pay on and waited in line for 6 hours to buy seem like a piece of $hit.