Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Myrtle Beach... talk to me

hey, so im in myrtle for the week and would love to know the cigar hot spots. any shops that i need to check out? anyone around on vacation here as well? learn me on some beach culture

stearns
Old 03-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: Myrtle Beach... talk to me

http://www.nickscigarworld.net/
Old 03-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
Average Joe
Livin' the dream!

First Name: Name
Trading: (10)
Average Joe is on a distinguished road

Can't help with the cigar stores, but ff you have an oceanfront balcony wake up (or stay up like I did) and watch the sunrise while smoking in the morning. Nice 'n peaceful.

I wish I could do that every morning.
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Nick's is, by far, the best in MB. If you go to Broadway at the Beach, there is a Tinder Box in there. If you head up North, keep going to the SC/NC state line and check out Low Country Pipes and Cigars. They are smokingpipes.com. A truly awesome place with great people and the humidor is always growing with great stuff!

The other hot spots are the many, many, many great golf courses!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Go south about 30 minutes to Murrells Inlet. Eat at the Dead Dog Saloon on the board walk. They almost always have a band, and specials! Very good wings, IMO. Looks like some cool happenings and a parade Tuesday night. Check it out on their website:

http://www.deaddogsaloon.com/
Old 03-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Im not familiar with local law, can you smoke in shops here?

stearns
Old 03-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
bishjd123
Have a Smoke and a Smile

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (16)
bishjd123 is on a distinguished road

I've been to Nicks and the Tinder Box in Barefoot Landing. Of the two, Nicks was better and had a much larger selection. I'm not sure if there's been any changes recently as I smoked in Nicks this past summer while on vacation. They've had a small smoking area in the front of the store with four leather chairs, a flat screen tv, as well as complementary draft beer.
bishjd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Im not familiar with local law, can you smoke in shops here?

stearns
Yep, and like was just mentioned. FREE BEER at Nick's!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #9
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Go south about 30 minutes to Murrells Inlet. Eat at the Dead Dog Saloon on the board walk. They almost always have a band, and specials! Very good wings, IMO. Looks like some cool happenings and a parade Tuesday night. Check it out on their website:

http://www.deaddogsaloon.com/
And they also have the most awesome shrimp & grits I've had anywhere. It was either there or Drunken Jacks.

Oh, and on the way back out of Murrells Inlet, just as you're about to turn right onto 17N, there's a sketchy ranch style house with a huge neon CIGARS sign in the window. I guess it's a B&M, and was always curious but have never stopped in. Give it a shot, Ben! You might find some great selections, or you might end up buried underneath some psycho's patio.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #10
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

reeent, reeent, reeent......
Sorry, that's the best alphabetizing I could do with the knife me to death musical
accompaniment in Psycho. I also like Murrel's Inlet for all my nighttime activities,
MB is too 'loud' for me, perfect for kids, though. I used to be a member at a few bars
there when I was living nearby, back then if you wanted to drink liquor, you had to be a
club member at the different bars, pay a fee, get a card, drink your little single shot
bottle mixed drinks. I don't miss that at all. But I dug the low country. I like the idea
of making sure you watch the sun come up with a smoke.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #11
Christiel49

Talking Re: Myrtle Beach... talk to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Nick's is, by far, the best in MB. If you go to Broadway at the Beach, there is a Tinder Box in there. If you head up North, keep going to the SC/NC state line and check out Low Country Pipes and Cigars. They are smokingpipes.com. A truly awesome place with great people and the humidor is always growing with great stuff!

The other hot spots are the many, many, many great golf courses!

They both rock! I like Nick's (mailnly cause it is close) but the Low Country Pipes has a very nice selection!!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #12
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
And they also have the most awesome shrimp & grits I've had anywhere. It was either there or Drunken Jacks.

Oh, and on the way back out of Murrells Inlet, just as you're about to turn right onto 17N, there's a sketchy ranch style house with a huge neon CIGARS sign in the window. I guess it's a B&M, and was always curious but have never stopped in. Give it a shot, Ben! You might find some great selections, or you might end up buried underneath some psycho's patio.
I actually stopped by that little shop last time I was in MB and Murrells Inlet. It is basically one room of the house that was used for display and selling cigars and stuff. Not as extensive as the shops north of MB, mainly because of the limited space. Plus, I'm just not all that fond of places that use the whole room for a humidor, and allow smoking within that room. Just doesn't seem like that is best for the cigars being sold!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #13
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

went to nicks yesterday afternoon, fantastic establishment

stearns
Old 03-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #14
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishjd123 View Post
I smoked in Nicks this past summer while on vacation. They've had a small smoking area in the front of the store with four leather chairs, a flat screen tv, as well as complementary draft beer.
Quote:

There is no way I will fall for that. Can't be true. I have never seen anything like it, and you can't make me believe it. Sheesh.

Daaaannnng.
Wonderful marketing concept. You would never find that in the frozen unfriendly North.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #15
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

For some reason, my Father loved Mammy's Kitchen. Not for cigars, for food.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #16
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

When it comes to food, there are two places I make make sure I go to. Angelo's Italian and Steaks. They have a great staff and an Italian buffet that is awesome! They are located on Kings Hwy just across from the public basketball courts. Just a block or two down the other side of the road sits J. Edwards Steakhouse. The blackened ribeye is amazing!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #17
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

We also enjoyed the Sea Captain's House. (3002 North Ocean Blvd.
Myrtle Beach). Located on the water, on the north side of MB. On the high side of average prices, but food and atmosphere were top of the line. They have (had?) a raw oyster sampler a couple years ago, that had oysters from 4 or 5 different areas of the Atlantic coast. Taste difference between them was surprisingly noticeable! She-crab soup was outstanding. Trying to remember what we had for entrees, but I have trouble remembering what I ate two days ago! Seems like I remember having difficulty deciding; they all sounded great. I'm thinking I tried their take on shrimp creole (maybe?).
Old 02-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #18
GWN
Snow City

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
GWN will become famous soon enoughGWN will become famous soon enough

Notice there are two Nick's locations. On google maps, one (1400 29th Avenue North
Myrtle Beach) appears to be inside a big golf store. Not sure if this is right or not and would appreciate clarification. Also, I'd like to know what the difference is in terms of stock between the two locations. Headed there for a golf weekend with a few buddies next month.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
bigswol2
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
bigswol2 will become famous soon enoughbigswol2 will become famous soon enough

+1 for Low country!
bigswol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
No way... Is there like a limit or something? I imagine you have to be enjoying a purchased cigar to get beer right? Otherwise wouldn't everyone in the city be there at night enjoying their free nightly brew?
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote