Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-31-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation
Default Halloween responsibility.....

My wife and I almost saw something horrific tonight. We were driving back home tonight on Olympic Blvd in West LA (a 6 lane road - 3 in each direction) after eating dinner at Houston's in the Century City Mall. As a little background, it's a heavily traveled road with poor lighting in spots that Westsiders like to treat as a freeway. Anyway, we both spotted some people crossing up in the distance (we could barely make them out) and slowed down (we were in the middle lane) and I turned on my emergency falshers. The person behind me got impatient and, not only passed me in the right lane, but also accelerated. He must have been frustrated that I held him up - like a typical Westsider. What ensued was horrifying. We saw a parent (turned out to be a father) pushing a stroller with his daughter skipping along 15-20 feet in front of him. We both expected to see something that haunts every parent - a child getting hit by a car. She barely made it!! The car that passed me came within 6 inches of hitting her as she ran to the curb. Either she saw the car or her father did and told her to run. Anyway, we felt so helpless as it unfolded. The driver never slowed.

WTF are people thinking?!! Although the father crossed illegally, people have to be careful when driving on Halloween!!

Anyway,we stopped to make sure they were ok. The daughter was a bit shaken, but the father was balling. He thought he'd lost his daughter. He was better after several minutes and realized he shouldn't have crossed the street there. They went on to get more candy. I thank God that someone was looking over them.

Please be careful out there!!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Halloween responsibility.....

Something very similar happened while I was driving home a few years ago. I called the local police. The next day I got a call thanking me. It was the arresting officer, I guess he got my number from the call in and told me that the guy was so wasted behind the wheel he didn't even know what town he was in
Scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Halloween responsibility.....

Please be careful everyone.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote