Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 08-24-2010, 03:02 AM   #1
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Review - Bugatti B-1 Torch Lighter

This was a $10 upgrade and still is for several cigar packages on CI. So I dipped, I just have to say..Great lighter.

Haven't tried the punch on it, sure it probably isn't great but the lighter itself is really practical in design. It cannot light in your pocket due to a cover that blocks the "trigger" on it. Flip the cap and press on the side and you got a precise long flame. Very comfortable in hand and smooth. My only complaint is they do scratch easy but again cosmetically I don't care because it cost $10. Much better than a ronson jet-lite, I do have one but I don't care for it much.

Edit if anyone wants pictures of the lighter and whatnot I will post them.

Now I'll just need to get a good cutter
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Review - Bugatti B-1 Torch Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
This was a $10 upgrade and still is for several cigar packages on CI. So I dipped, I just have to say..Great lighter.

Haven't tried the punch on it, sure it probably isn't great but the lighter itself is really practical in design. It cannot light in your pocket due to a cover that blocks the "trigger" on it. Flip the cap and press on the side and you got a precise long flame. Very comfortable in hand and smooth. My only complaint is they do scratch easy but again cosmetically I don't care because it cost $10. Much better than a ronson jet-lite, I do have one but I don't care for it much.

Nice Pick-Up, Bill! Go With Palio For The Cutter!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:45 AM   #3
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

But ...but CI doesn't have those....Got a lead on a good place to order them from? How expensive are they?
Old 08-24-2010, 03:58 AM   #4
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Here Is A Great Place, Bill: http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=26 I Have The Burlwood & Love It. Occasionally There Is A Group Buy For The Palio Cutters Here On CA.

Great Cutter & Lifetime Warranty That Is Awesome!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post

I have 2 of these and love them. The punch does ok, but I have never seen a lighter attached punch that works wonderful.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road

I have one of these and like it alot, I also got one for a buddy of mine and he loves it too...
Thrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Cigar solutions has a deal on palio cutters right now....$37 shipped for the black one and a cigar stand.

I just got mine last week.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Here Is A Great Place, Bill: http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=26 I Have The Burlwood & Love It. Occasionally There Is A Group Buy For The Palio Cutters Here On CA.

Great Cutter & Lifetime Warranty That Is Awesome!
O_O carbon fiber cutter. I bet that ones nice. I get paid in 3 days I'll order it then.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #9
CigarRod
CigarRod

First Name: Rod
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
CigarRod is on a distinguished road

old thread I know, but if anyone knows of a way to fill these lighters and not have to do it every two days, let me know, I must be doing it wrong!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarRod View Post
old thread I know, but if anyone knows of a way to fill these lighters and not have to do it every two days, let me know, I must be doing it wrong!
Not sure if this is the issue, but make sure to bleed the lighter once it is no longer producing a flame. Take a toothpick with a flat end (or something like that - anything to push the stem down will do) and press on the stem that you push your can of butane into to refill the lighter. Hold the stem down until you cannot hear it hiss anymore - that drains out all of the excess air and leaves room for more fuel. Refill and enjoy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

My neighbor has this lighter and the punch ring came loose and falls out of the bracket.
I was going to buy this one until that happened. It is nice though.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #12
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
My neighbor has this lighter and the punch ring came loose and falls out of the bracket.
I was going to buy this one until that happened. It is nice though.
That's funny, I've had this lighter for a while and it works well, never used the punch until today (couldn't find my other one) and this happened. Good lighter, don't use the punch.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #13
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough

just bought one of these on free fall bid and got it for $19. Anyway hope it puts an end to my collection of fancy non working lighters.