Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about
Default Question for the experts/ old timers!

I left for the weekend to go to the shore. My gf turned off the AC at my house. It's supposed to get up in the 90s this weekend. They're in humidors that normally maintain perfect humidity. I'm only gone for 2 days. Am I looking at any possible damage? I'm anal about their storage and paranoid. Am I just being nervous? I know long term my cigars will be ruined, but two days?
Thanks
-Gabe
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice
Default Re: Question for the experts/ old timers!

I doubt 2 days is going to ruin them but it will stress them. A lot more humidity can dissolve in 90º air than in 70º air. If it was more than a couple of days, I'd be concerned. Remember, members order cigars all the time in the summer and these cigars lay several days in transit out of a temp controlled environment.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Cigars are not orchids, and not nearly as fragile as too many fear. Calm yourself, grasshopper. Ommmmmmmm.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

No. Some cigars, like those from Central America, endure far worse conditions for longer periods of time locked in a shipping container on their way to the US.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

They'll be fine Gabe. Relax brother.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
TJtorpedo
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
TJtorpedo is on a distinguished road

No worries. Cigars that you buy online often spend that long in the back of a FedEx truck at 100+ degrees.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

You're good. If temps worry you, freeze your cigars. Temps can get beetles to hatch, but if they're dead, they cannot do any damage. After that, a little heat should not be a problem, although you don't want to keep them too warm for long, extended periods of time.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
FUEL
Just 6 days...

First Name: James
Trading: (0)
Partagas
FUEL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Cigars are not orchids, and not nearly as fragile as too many fear. Calm yourself, grasshopper. Ommmmmmmm.
I agree and have learned that over the last few years.

Do you have a friend or neighbor or family member that could pop over to the house and turn the AC on for you?