Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Holts Tatuaje HCS

Anyone tried one yet? If so what are your thoughts. Just got an e-mail this morning about them and of course my curiousity is peaked.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: Holts Tatuaje HCS

Bump to see if anyone has pulled the trigger on these yet and curious to see what you thought.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Curious about these myself.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

I looked at em but just couldnt pull the trigger

I will be excited when this kitchen is finished and the wedding is over
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

I have not had one but here is a review. I am very happy with my NHC Tatuaje's.

http://www.acigarsmoker.com/2010/11/...w-tatuaje-hcs/
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
SouthernSmoke
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (6)
Partagas
SouthernSmoke is on a distinguished road

I believe Pat B has had these. Maybe he can chime in with some personal experience
SouthernSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #7
pinotguy
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (13)
pinotguy is on a distinguished road

They're OK but not great. I tried each size and they start out very full-bodied but morph into a ho-hum stick as the smoke progresses, IMO. I would recommend you try some singles or a 5'er so that you can form your own opinions. I just don't consider them worthy of a box purchase, what with so many other cool Tats out there. I mean, since the Face, Pete's introduced the Barclay-Rex 100th Anniversary stick, the SODO - a petite lancero based on the OR El Triunfador blend (another single store release), and look for the Saints & Sinners stuff early next year. Plus, throw in the Anarchy, the M-80, the Meat Locker, and his two new regular production lines and the next 12 mos. are going to be Tat heaven.
pinotguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinotguy View Post
They're OK but not great. I tried each size and they start out very full-bodied but morph into a ho-hum stick as the smoke progresses, IMO. I would recommend you try some singles or a 5'er so that you can form your own opinions. I just don't consider them worthy of a box purchase, what with so many other cool Tats out there. I mean, since the Face, Pete's introduced the Barclay-Rex 100th Anniversary stick, the SODO - a petite lancero based on the OR El Triunfador blend (another single store release), and look for the Saints & Sinners stuff early next year. Plus, throw in the Anarchy, the M-80, the Meat Locker, and his two new regular production lines and the next 12 mos. are going to be Tat heaven.
Thanks for the feedback. I will see what others have to say but so far I am no longer in a hurry to try these.
Man, that's a lot of new crap coming out. I really like Petes stuff but I do hope he does not start to go down the path of Rocky Patel where he is too busy bringing new blends to the market that the consistency of his regular lines start to suffer. Hell, how many liimteds have we seen in just the last couple of months?
Old 11-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I really like them.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #10
pinotguy
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Man, that's a lot of new crap coming out. I really like Petes stuff but I do hope he does not start to go down the path of Rocky Patel where he is too busy bringing new blends to the market that the consistency of his regular lines start to suffer. Hell, how many liimteds have we seen in just the last couple of months?
I hear where you're coming from but I tend to think Pete's approach to these kind of things is the polar opposite of Rocky Patel's. When Pete does a single-store LE, it seems like it really is a limited release. I mean the SODO is 200 boxes. The Cabaiguan WCD 120 was something like 237 boxes of 12 sticks. I missed out on the T110 but that was a very small production too. Patel does quite a few exclusive things but these seem to be for larger retailers and they usually remain in production even after the initial release.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Plus, throw in the Anarchy, the M-80, the Meat Locker, and his two new regular production lines and the next 12 mos. are going to be Tat heaven.
I try to keep up with all Pete's stuff but I haven't heard of any of these, but they sound awesome! I'm guessing the Meat Locker series includes the Pork Chop and Tenderloin? Is he making these a reg. release line in different sizes?
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #12
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough

Either Pete likes them, or sales are slow... LOL

Posted on Pete's FB:

Quote:
Pete Johnson: Smoking a HCS robusto. I love this blend.
November 2 at 8:04am via iPhone
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #13
klipsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle View Post
Either Pete likes them, or sales are slow... LOL

Posted on Pete's FB:
Would he say "I really screwed up with this one...?"
Old 11-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
pinotguy
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
I try to keep up with all Pete's stuff but I haven't heard of any of these, but they sound awesome! I'm guessing the Meat Locker series includes the Pork Chop and Tenderloin? Is he making these a reg. release line in different sizes?
Yeah, the Meat Locker will be for Gloucester St. in Boston and it will be a sampler, so to speak. I don't believe these are going to be a regular release but will include the 'Chop, the Tenderloin, and another size that hasn't been decided on, or at least announced.

The M-80 is being made for Two Guys Smoke Shop and this will out around July 4th, 2011. It's the T110 blend but made in the same shape as the DPG Blue Label Firecracker (or Viaje TNT).

The Anarchy is another single-shop stick. Don't know who it's for yet but there's lots of hype surrounding it. Has its own website.

Hopefully the two new lines - Fausto and La Casita Criolla - will be released at the IPCPR 2011. The Fausto could be killer as it will use the Thermonuclear blend.

Have seen a pic for a prototype of the Wolf, which will be the next Monster series and, fingers crossed, we'll see the next Actor's stick - the "Bela" in a few months too.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #15
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The Anarchy is another single-shop stick. Don't know who it's for yet but there's lots of hype surrounding it. Has its own website.
A cigar blog says it's for Smoke Inn out of FL
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #16
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle View Post
A cigar blog says it's for Smoke Inn out of FL
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #17
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yeah, the Meat Locker will be for Gloucester St. in Boston and it will be a sampler, so to speak. I don't believe these are going to be a regular release but will include the 'Chop, the Tenderloin, and another size that hasn't been decided on, or at least announced.

The M-80 is being made for Two Guys Smoke Shop and this will out around July 4th, 2011. It's the T110 blend but made in the same shape as the DPG Blue Label Firecracker (or Viaje TNT).

Hopefully the two new lines - Fausto and La Casita Criolla - will be released at the IPCPR 2011. The Fausto could be killer as it will use the Thermonuclear blend.

Have seen a pic for a prototype of the Wolf, which will be the next Monster series and, fingers crossed, we'll see the next Actor's stick - the "Bela" in a few months too.
Mostly true...

The Meatlocker will NOT have the Pork Tenderloin included (according to recent reports), it was left out...There will be a Porkchop Vitola included, and it is supposed to be a bit stronger then the first release...Although details are scetchy, the Meatlocker will most likely have 40 cigars (10 each of 4 different vitolas) and WILL be a limited release...

Fausto actually uses the T110 blend, which is based on the Thermonuclear blend, but is not the same...

I don't know for sure, but I don't think the M-80 is the T110 Blend (that is Fausto line, which will be three different vitolas, not including the OR T110 vitola)...

Pete has said that he has not decided to do another "Actor's" release, but if he does, he is thinking about doing it around the Oscars...

Hope that helps!

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #18
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

All interesting info. Last I had heard about the Tat Anarchy (when the site was just a picture) was that it was a clothing line. Now I'm betting I'll need to find a way to get a hold of some of those.

The M-80 sounds interesting...although believe it or not I wasn't a huge fan of the T110.

P.S. Sorry to derail this thread
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #19
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Actually I like how the thread was derailed as I more or less got the answer I was looking for early and am learning a bunch more on upcoming blends. I would like to say that I am getting tired of the chase but you could probably bet your @sses that I will be hunting down all of these except maybe the M-80 if it will be the Firecracker size. Don't get me wrong I like the Firecracker but if it's a limited I am almost willing to bet it will be at least $9-$10 and that's a lot of coin for such a small stick.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #20
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Actually I like how the thread was derailed as I more or less got the answer I was looking for early and am learning a bunch more on upcoming blends. I would like to say that I am getting tired of the chase but you could probably bet your @sses that I will be hunting down all of these except maybe the M-80 if it will be the Firecracker size. Don't get me wrong I like the Firecracker but if it's a limited I am almost willing to bet it will be at least $9-$10 and that's a lot of coin for such a small stick.
The M-80 is quite a bit larger then the Firecracker, more like the TNT, from what I have heard (and seen)...

Hope that helps!

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote