Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 09-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Free Karting webcast again

I got a roomful of yawns last year when I posted this, but who knows, constituencies change, interests develop.

Every year I produce 2-5 webcasts online (derh) for Go Kart races across the southeast.
The banner show every year is the Thanksgiving show with O'Reilly Auto Parts and
my boss. But this weekend is the final stop on the "Sweet Home Alabama Karting Series"
from Glencoe Alabama. The karts are racing on the full size sprint car track, so the speeds
should be really up there and look for the action to be intense. Due to the great size of the
track, however, my camera shots are going to be a little wide, so who knows what the final
show will look like. Additionally, we are in a little valley there, and there is no net service,
so we will be running the whole show off of a wireless hotspot, although we are taking a
satellite dish, too.

But I am not sure how many people here even know that karting is an actual thing, a large
part of the "farm system" for nascar racing. A ton of professional drivers first test their skill
at driving by racing karts. The website for the race is www.jampromotionsinc.com
There will be a link on that page for the race, hopefully by today. If the announcer turns out
to be worth a $hit it should be a good show. 22 classes of racing, i.e. 22 races on a saturday
afternoon. Plug your magic moon machine into your flat screen TV and dig on it. It's free.

The site for our BIG Thanksgiving race is here, and this shows what the events look like.
http://www.indoorkartnationals.com/ . If you click on VIDEO, you can check out the
first segment of the crash video I made last year....and for some reason I just clicked the
crash vid and it ends prematurely...

Last edited by OLS; 09-16-2010 at 08:03 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Free Karting webcast again

Well, ran a test on the Satellite internet yesterday and that works like a champ.
So if I can duplicate that result in ALABAMA, then I am going to crank the quality
up to 11 and see how good I can make this look. For 55 dollars an hour for the
satellite window, I might as well send the fattest signal I can create.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote