Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

First Name: Cory
Location: Under a Bridge, trying to find the troll who stole my soul.
Trading: (20)
Montecristo Army (Active)
cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about
Default Store manager jumps into truck with beer thieves, goes for wild ride

This is dedication to a job

TITUSVILLE, Fla. —
A Titusville Walmart manager had an unexpected ride down Interstate 95 in the back of a truck after he tried to stop a man and woman he suspected of shoplifting beer late Monday afternoon.

The manager, Mike Dawson, told Channel 9 that he noticed the pair leaving the store with a shopping cart containing beer.

He said when he asked for a receipt, the two headed for their truck.

"I had asked them for a receipt and they kept throwing beers into their car," said Dawson.

As the two began to back up and leave the parking lot, Dawson said he was forced to jump into the back of the truck.

"I ran up to get their license plate, but when I realized how close I was, I jumped in the back so they didn't run me over, " Dawson said.

The truck traveled along several streets and at high speeds down I-95.

Dawson said the two stopped the truck twice.

"One time they tried to beat me up and I lost my glasses. The second time was in the back woods somewhere, I was like, 'I'm not getting out for you to run me over,'" said Dawson.

Dawson said he used the only thing he could to try to get someone's attention – the stolen beer.

"I kept throwing beers from the back of the truck, not at people's cars but towards people's cars, hoping that someone would call the police," said Dawson.

Witness Dave Stewart said he saw the truck turn down a remote road in the Canaveral Groves area.

"Well, I just saw all the beers alongside the road," said Stewart.

Stewart said as he caught up to the truck, it stopped. He said he had his gun on his hip, ready to use.

He told the driver of the truck that he had called the sheriff.

"The gentleman in the back got out, and as soon as he did, the other guy jumps into the pickup truck and just leaves," said Stewart.

Dawson said the man who stole the beer had a tattoo on his chest that read either 1987 or 1997. The pickup truck was blue with LH as the first letters on the license plate.

Investigators are still looking for the pair. They said they are checking to see if they are the same couple believed to have stolen beer from a Palm Bay Walmart recently.

GMCGTPWHAF Tennessee Chapter. Down with the bloody BIG HEAD
cjhalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Store manager jumps into truck with beer thieves, goes for wild ri

In this crazy world we live in he will probably get fired.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

and given a tiacket for littering

Old 12-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Old 12-31-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Only in Florida.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

He will be fired. Walmart fired an employee for helping a lady that was being assaulted in the parking lot. Walmart stated that he should not have put himself in a position that he may get hurt.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

The real question is Larry so what year is tattooed on your chest 1997 or 1987???

Old 12-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks View Post
The real question is Larry so what year is tattooed on your chest 1997 or 1987???
Old 12-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
He will be fired. Walmart fired an employee for helping a lady that was being assaulted in the parking lot. Walmart stated that he should not have put himself in a position that he may get hurt.
Yep, they would rather he have let the old woman be beat to death than help. Awesome.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:11 AM   #10
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
Yep, they would rather he have let the old woman be beat to death than help. Awesome.
As for myself, let someone fire me; I don't watch anyone get hurt and not do something. Fortunately, "doing something" is the kind of work I do. You can thank all of the attorneys that fill most state legislatures for the liability laws that practically mandate what we're seeing. A lot of places have "Good Samaritan" laws but businesses are held to a higher legal standard than an individual; the company being held liable for everything their employees do while "on the clock", even if they do it to themselves. On the other hand, if businesses were shielded in the same manner as an individual, people might believe that businesses were being given an improper break.

Last edited by Subvet642; 12-31-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #11
G G
BR549

Bolivar

I agree Darren, I wouldn't be able to stand by and do nothing.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:36 AM   #12
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

+2

Old 12-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #13
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
In this crazy world we live in he will probably get fired.
Especially since it's Walmart....
Old 12-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Not in a million years would I risk getting a boo boo because someone was stealing beer from Walmart. I don't care if they were loading building and all in the back of the truck. I might even help them if they ask nicely.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #15
G G
BR549

Bolivar

I doubt I would have either Scott. But an assault is a different thing altogether.