Old 12-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
jkim05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (17)
PL
jkim05 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Acupuncture

I have had lots of acupuncture treatments and related therapies. I know a few acupuncturists personally and they recommend it for almost anything you can imagine. Personally, I know it works on things that western medicine has no real cure for such as sprained and twisted joints and swelling and chronic pain type issues. It doesn't miraculously cure stuff, but it does increase comfort and speed up healing times. I've seen people get it for things as strange as baldness and acne, but I find it hard to believe that it actually works for things like that.

I know that for me as soon as I sprain something, I book an appointment with my acupuncturist, who also happens to be a licensed MD, PHD and pain management therapist, and it helps it get better much faster. You can definitely try it for hypertension and stuff like that, I don't have first-hand experience, but since the reasons why acupuncture works is still very much unknown, it very well may help you there as well. It's worth a shot, but I would say not immediately in lieu of medication, maybe in addition to it and seeing if that helps at all first. Also, try to find an acupuncturist who is also a licensed physician because then your insurance might cover some of the costs. Mine is in my insurance group so all I have to do is pay a copay whenever I want to go.
jkim05 is offline   Reply With Quote