Old 12-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #157
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Mike what size shoe do you wear. Generally skates sizes run a size(bauer/Easton) to 1.5 (ccm/reebok) smaller then shoe size. Graf really seems to vary from model to model.
What you may have experienced is the different boot designs effect the way the skate feels.
CCM Reebok have a deeper and wider boot with a low to non existant arch.
Bauer has the shallowest and narrowest boot with a well defined arch.
Easton is in the middle of Bauer and CCM/Reebok. Some arch not a ton a little wider and deeper then Bauer but not as much as CCM/Reebok.

When you add in arch width and deepth it all effects what you are percieving in your mind as to fit. A Bauer and CCM of same sizes fit me very different. The Bauer will cause me great pain and I need an E width, the Reebok is usually pretty good standard width.

Given the size of your foot you need to find a vendor with Grafs and a vendor with CCMs and start their.

http://www.brunoshockeyshop.com Think he is in your neck of the woods. Great customer service. Or maybe some others can recommend a place. SHould be a lot of good vendors in your area. You need to get sized by a competent person and start their. Buying boots blind on the web will be a waste as your odds of getting the right boot for your foot are slim.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote