View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 06:34 AM   #67
STYX&STONED

Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

There are a few things I have learned when it comes to dealing with these bad boys.
1. If you go to the hospital for the pain, they want to dope you up and admit you for days until it passes. That cost a lot of $ and to me, is a HUGE waste of time.
2. If you know its coming, stay active and on your feet while increasing your liquid intake. Being up moving around and doing your best to keep up with the days work load will help it pass much faster.
3. Believe it or not, the big ones cause more pressure pain while slowing the flow of pee but the little ones with the jagged edges make me want to punch things.
& last but not least
4. As most of you look at those pictures and say, "you poor SOB"... I have learned to deal with this form of pain and if given something to deal with for my entire life...I'll take what I've been given. There are many other people out there that suffer from other forms of chronic pain that I do not believe I could handle as well as I do the kidney stone pain. And it could be worse than this, at least it not terminal just chronic.