View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 07:48 AM   #2487
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliderryder View Post
I just started using this forum and also I am a beginner to the cigar world. I purchased a humidor and also a electric humidifier. My question is can I cut a slot in the shelving to make room for the electric humidifier? :
You certainly can cut a slot. However, before you do so, you might want to check to see if you really need an electric humidifier for your humidor. There are other alternatives that may be more effective depending upon the size of your humidor.

If you do decide to cut a slot -- be careful. Sometimes the wood is a composite and you never know what the core is made of. It might be a variety of particle board which could get too moist and moldy.

What size humidor do you have? (e.g., dimensions or number of cigars -- although you will come to fine out that the latter measure is not very accurate).

Also, you might want to drop by here (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7) and introduce yourself.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote