Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cheap College Beers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
OK, so let's time-travel back to your college years, and hypothetically say you took some time off from studying to drink a few beers. You and a buddy scraped enough cash up between you to buy some beers. What was your college beer of choice?

I went to school in Ohio, and there it was generally Mickey Wide Mouths, or Little Kings if we were really desperate. If it was summer and I was back in New York, it was probably either Schaeffer or Bud, since those are what my father usually drank. If my folks had company over, he would buy Lowenbrau, so I sometimes scored one of those.
Mickey's Big Mouths were one of our go-to's also, Warren.

Used to drive up to Steven's Point, Wisconsin once a summer and buy numerous cases of Point Beer before you could get it anywhere but there....$4 a case and a $1 deposit on the box.

Stroh's pounders (16 oz long necks) were cheap, but also required a deposit on the case.

Worst summer ever....one of my friend's brothers and his friends (yeah, they were chitbags) broke into a trailer outside a beer distribution warehouse and stole maybe 30 cases of Schlitz Malt Liquor....so we drank that for free all summer long....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote