kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Great Deal - Box of Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
The best deal I have found recently on a super cheap cigar is the Calle Ocho at CI.
They're about 30 bucks for a bundle of 20.
I bought a bundle a long time ago because they were damned near free with a purchase I made (it was a special) and when I read about them, they were a Dominican made Nic puro.
I thought that was kind of odd, and figured they'd be awful, but decided to try them anyways. When they arrived, they smelled like they just fell out of a cow's ass, which I pretty much expected. I put them up in a humi jar with a bag of HCM beads to dry them out and pull the ammonia out of them as quick as possible.
Fast forward about 8 months, and they are incredible. Typical nic puro strong, delicious, and a total joy to smoke. As good or better than lots of ten to fifteen dollar cigars I smoke.
The time it takes to make them decent is a tradeoff with the price. If you enjoy a medium to full bodied spicy nic puro with lots of earth, sweet and chocolate, you can't beat them.
Know that it pains me to give CI a plug, too.
I bought 2 bundles of these (P Corona's) because they were practically giving them away (CBID) but haven't smoke one yet. I was not all that impressed with them just by looking/smelling them but have had them resting for 2 months so maybe they will be worth a revisit.