Old 03-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation
Default Re: roaster question

I started with a Freshroast and got so hooked, I upgraded to the Behmor, which I bought from Burman Traders.

First class operation and a great roaster with a good sampling to get started with.

Mine is older, and doesn't have all the roasting curves and stuff the new ones have but still did a great job.

The Freshroast is easy to learn on and produces a very nice roast.

Warm it up for a minute before roasting for best results and be super careful with the glass roaster as I broke two fairly easily. (order a backup and thank me later)

If you like a darker roast, fill to glass roaster to just below the metal band on the bottom, otherwise the roaster is too small to bring larger batches to second crack.

Also, keep a collander close by to dump the beans as they finish hot and there's no cool down on the FR. (oven mitts will come in handy as the glass roaster is super hot and a surprising burn will cause the glass roaster to go flying and smashing into pieces, much to your dismay. Happened on my very first roast and the wait for a replacement was excruciating after just taking it out of the box.)

I am positive you will enjoy this roaster.

Last edited by floydpink; 03-27-2011 at 08:43 PM.
floydpink is offline   Reply With Quote