Old 07-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #43
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation
Default Re: The journey from 260 to....

Took the Sinatra approach. Did it my way.

Soup and salad for lunch. Try for arouind 350-400 calories. Dinner - usually salad, some kind of vegetable, fruit and grilled chicken or fish. Try to keep it under 600 calories. Leave room for 3-400 calories per day of "snacks". I like the 60 calorie chocolate pudding - seems to quench my chocolate urges. Buy the 3 lb "source bag" of veggie chips from zoup make 3 oz snack bags for 125 calories which are a nice potato chip replacement. Use 5 calorie jello and 0 calorie pickles for "volume snacks" when I feel hungry off cycle.

Take a multivitamin daily but that's been about it.

The key has been the combination of calorie reduction ... down to about 1200-1500 per day and massive amounts of cardio. I ride the airdyne about 55 minutes now and lose 3+ lbs from start to finish. Lot of water weight that comes right back but some doesn't. Plus the daily 250-300 push-ups, leg lifts and some hand weight upper body things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonS View Post
wow congrats man, thats alot of work....

im in the same boat, and slowly starting to see it come off.. although im a long way from you.. lol..

So what kind of diet are you basing your meals around? i see you mentioned soups and salad, etc.. do you take anything like protein drinks, multi-vitamins, meal replacements, etc? or you just want to balance your eating and exercise and splurge when needed?

again Dave, good work!