Thread: Supplements
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #20
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Supplements

Yes! my kinda post! I was always the skinniest kid growing up. When I joined the CG, I started working out 3-5 times a week. In about 10 months, my weight has jumped from 165 pounds to 191 pounds, and I'm exactly 6 feet tall. I'm pretty pleased with the results, and am striving to build even more muscle...hopefully around 200-210.

You just gotta stay motivated and dedicatd to a routine, and I was ale to do that by going to the gym with someone who shared a similar goal. My secret, least lots, but eat healthy. Your body needs lots of carbs and proteins to be able to recover and build muscle properly, but 50g of carbs from a soda is certainly not the same as 50g of carbs from say, whole wheat pasta. Sleep is a big thing too, you build muscle at night when you sleep, not in the gym.

I've been taking mass gainers (true mass by ON) to up my calorie intake. Since I'm so active, my physician said consuming up to 4500 calories in a single day is absolutely necessary.

Additionally, I've enjoyed taking whey protein isolate/concentrate from brands like myoplex and ON. They taste relatively good, so you don't have to hold your nose when you knock it back after the gym! If you want to build muscle, dietologists recommend 0.9- 1.4 grams per pound per day (not all at once though)

Creatine. It may get a bad rep, but I've never had any problems with it it terms of health. There a lot of myths surround it, but as long as you talk to your doctor, you should be fine. I recommend about 5 grams, twice per day ( before and after workout). Drink lots of water because it allows your cells to expand and retain water. Prosource brand creatine is 99.9% pure, and costs about $13 for 100 servings!

Those are my three main supplements. I've dabbled in the world of expensive preworkout supplements, but I've found that the main ingredients are really Arginine, Caffeine, and beta-alanine. I supplement these ingredients before a workout in pill form because they are WAY cheaper than buying something like NO-Xplode.

Sorry for the long post! But I hope this helps! Feel free to personal message me whenever if you have questions. I'm no expert, but I've read many books, taken the classes, and trying stuff out on my own, so I've found what works and doesn't for me. Best of luck!!
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote