View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake

Here is kind of a square-cut coin, thin and easy to rub out or mash into a pipe. The scent from the package is akin to cookie-dough, sweet smelling something over sweet smelling virgina tobacco, a topping close to Stanwell Melange but nowhere as brutal. Someone on tr.com called the topping cherry which entirely escaped me - seems more like a hint of vanilla and molasses to me. Crap. I dunno what it is but it smells nice to me, the perennial aromatic hater. D'oh! You can call this an aromatic but barely.

The room note is pleasant compared to my regular vapers and orientals and the burn is easy as pie right to the bottom of a decent pipe. The taste is that of a mild and slightly sweet (never sour) virginia. If it would burn your tongue you'd have to try. I got half a pound, shared some and expect I'll buy more.

At the very least it's a great introduction to flakes for a newguy. If you like a mild/medium profile and a hint of aromatic sweetness doesn't scare you then I'd call it excellent. The scent, by the way, is in the package or the smoke but not much in your mouth. It's easy - it's nice.

Last edited by Mister Moo; 02-16-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Mister Moo is offline   Reply With Quote