YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Oh, definitely!!! Picked up a bottle of Four Roses, Single Barrel, Barrel Strength last week. Bottled for the store I got it at (McScrooge). I've had their Four Roses, Single Barrel (not Barrel Strength) from last year, and it was good also. But they had about 12 bottles of different boozes there for sampling, including the two Four Roses bottled for them. The Barrel Strength had tremendous flavor benefits over the regular strength (which was also good, but seemed muted compared to the Barrel Strength). However, there was a good $30 difference in price!

Not a bourbon, but I also picked up a bottle of Talisker Distiller's Edition from 1992 that was sitting high up on a shelve (above the current 2002 version). Got it for the same price as the 2002!! Also picked up two handles of the real Irish Cream (not that malt beverage crap they pass off at the grocery stores!), plus a 1.75 l bottle of Andrews Long Island Tea mix (for my wife). It was a very successful trip. And the good news, that was just the first week of my wife's 13-week contract, so I'll be back in Knoxville several times over the next 3 months (or more, if her contract is extended). So I'll have several opportunities to refill my cabinet!
Don't forget Corner Creek.