View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #118
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stj386 View Post
Hello,
I have a huge problem where i cant get the temperature in my humidor below 84 degrees. I live in Hawaii and my apartment stay pretty hot day and night year round. I currently have my humidor in the closet with a fan circulation air but its not helping . Additionally I'm trying to keep the humidity low so as to not allow tobacco bugs to hatch but i dont know if that will help. I heard that freezing the cigars for two days will kill the bugs; and that if they are properly resorted to room temperature that they will be fine to smoke in a few days.
So i guess what Im asking is, are there any other ways to cool my humidor and should I go ahead an freeze my cigars?
I would freeze your cigars for sure. I do with every cigar that comes in just to be safe. I freeze for 72 hours.

No real way to cool your humidor unless you have air conditioning or a basement. Keep it in the coolest darkest place.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote