Thread: Wetting a cigar
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 10:24 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Wetting a cigar

So, i have some cigars i'm recalibrating because they were too dry. These aren't anything special so please do not think i wet a premium cigar. I saw a youtube video of a man wetting a very old pre-embargo cuban cigar and explained he wets only old or dry cigars. So i have decided to experiment today with an old bundle cuban crafters SF cigar i've had since 08' and it's wrapper was still very thin and dry.

I ran it under a tap for about 5 seconds and then let it dry off. upon lighting the cigar i could tell the flavors changed from a previous dry one i had tried to smoke. No harshness now and very sweet tobacco flavors are coming in. i'm pretty impressed that the wrapper is now back to life. So, i'm not doing this to all my cigars but to the cigars that i have where the wrapper had lost a lot of moisture this is now an option to try. I thought you all might find it interesting, Have a blessed day! God bless you!