Thread: Dunhill robusto
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 02:50 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Dunhill robusto

Serts gave me this cigar, he had a whole bunch of them and handed them out at a herf. All he could tell me is that the cigar had a few years on it and is made out of Dominican tobacco.

This cellophane wrapped robusto is a bit smaller than the average robusto with just 4 ½ inch length and a 50 ring gauge. The light colored wrapper has even lighter colored veins and the overall appearance of the cigar isn't good. The cigar isn't round but bumpy and I could feel some soft spots in the construction. Not what you expect from a company with a reputation like Dunhill.

The cigar has a musty, stale and a bit acidic aroma. The top is triple capped. I punched the cigar and the predraw was too loose, probably because the cigar is under filled, what causes the soft spots in the construction. The only flavor I could discover in the predraw were some dry raisin.

I can taste a mild peppery wood flavor after lighting the cigar. The flavors start out mild but gain some more strength and I also taste some nuts. While the nut flavor grows in strength, the pepper and wood completely disappear. After ⅓ there is also a salty flavor involved, a bit like liquorices but not completely

After the mid of the cigar I still taste the nut flavor but now with some toast and that liquorices like flavor on the background. Near the end that liquorices like flavor is all I can taste.

This mild to medium bodied, medium flavored cigar only lasted me for 50 minutes and I am a slow smoker. The draw was too loose, way too lose. The amount and structure of the smoke was reasonable and the ash was light colored, firm and compact. The burn was good.

Would I buy this cigar again? No. It wasn't a bad cigar, but not worth the 11 euro price tag it has in The Netherlands.

Appearance: 5 / 10
Construction: 6 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10