View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Kloppen Kloggen pipe tobacco

Woo Hoo!!

Following Mr. Moo's advice, I re-googled the correct name, Klompen Kloggen, and found a company named "Sterling Tobacco Company", located in Sterling, Illinois.

I sent a brief note to them, asking about their tobacco, and Jack, from Sterling Tobacco sent me a reply, telling me to send him my address and he would send a sample to try out. The "sample" turned out to be a 2.4 oz bag of Klompen Kloggen, which arrived yesterday (just in time for my birthday, today)!

When I got home from work, I filled (not packed) a bowl, and was transported 25 years back into my past! The taste came back from my memory, and I totally enjoy the bowl, with just a few light tamps and NO relights! This is a delightful, slightly aromatic blend, which smoked cool and had a wonderful flavor through the entire bowl!

I just wanted to give some props to Jack and the Sterling Tobacco Company for the generosity of their "sample"! I'll be ordering some more of this great blend, along with a few more small packages of their other blends. If you'd like to check them out, their website is here: Sterling Tobacco Co