Old 12-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #21
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New York City

If you are looking for cigars, hit De La Concha on 6th Ave between 56th and 57th St. Better service than any other shop I've been to in the city. Barclay Rex is ok but they don't let you bring in your own cigars, only allowed to smoke what you buy there. I'd skip J&R, I've bought from them a few times and everything I've gotten from them has been far too dry. Davidoff on Madison has basically the same selection as De La Concha, aside from a larger selection of Davidoff cigars, but since they are both owned by Davidoff, DLC has quite a bit as well.

As far as lounges, we generally go to Merchants East on 1st Ave/62nd St for herfs. It's a nice room, more casual then the other clubs, they don't charge a cutting fee, and their food is pretty good. Carnagie Club on 56th is fairly nice, as long as you are dressed for it - no sneakers, collared shirt. They charge a $10 cutting fee if you bring your own. I've not been in Club Macanudo, but they have a similar dress code, not sure about a cutting fee.