View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 10:14 AM   #5330
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Picanha is a sirloin cap. I live in one most densely popular Brazilian immigrant communities in the US. We buy picanha's all the time. I look for the smallest ones since it's just two of us. Maybe a friend comes over too for one too?

Best to cook as a roast. One Brazilian super market in town also has grass fed one's from Australia or NZ. Not too grassy tasting either. I crank the WSM as hot as I can get it with no water pan. If I cannot get it to 375, I just cook it to around 100 F or so and then finish it n the oven. The kitchen smells amazing if you do that technique.

Alcatra is another Brazilian sirloin cut that is worth looking for.
Can you get Kupim (sp?) , the hump of the bull? Tried it once in Brazil. Interesting texture.