View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 05:09 AM   #7
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Marines Ban Twitter, MySpace, Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffdaMagic View Post
This is really dumb. Is for the lowest leadership as possible to brief they're soldiers about operation security. Damn Goverment is not worried about Joes getting killed because of the internet leak is more of that they are worried to let the population sees what really happens here. All the gore and scene our americans are going through. Well in my opinion people need to see what goes on here and understand the sacrifices our young ones made in the past. The media doesnt cover all the detail but a regular ol joe will tell you the truth
I'm a Submarine veteran, and I can tell ya', as a whole, we were a smart bunch of Squids, but there's always someone in the crowd who thinks they're too smart. I've seen it, and I'll bet you've seen it too. Also, it seem to be intended to prevent morale attacks on the troops, not unlike Tokyo Rose and Axis Sally broadcasts during WWII. What's to stop enemy Intel Ops from posting on a Marines' (or anyone’s) Facebook page that his Ol' Lady is screwing around or something like that? When I was at sea, we had these things called "Family Grams", where friends and family could send us little messages of ten words or less via radio, on a space available basis. Every single one of them was screened by the CO to make sure that no upsetting news got to the crew. With the weapons we had, they didn't want to have a crewmember emotionally torqued. I imagine that would be just as risky for you guys. BTW, everyone I know thinks that you guys are doin' a great job, BRAVO-ZULU! (That’s Navy for "Job well done")