Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
Storage of bulk baccy?

Which are exceptable?

Mason Jars?
Tupperware?
Ziploc Bags?
Glass Jars with seal lid?
Each item listed will store tobacco, but only keep for a certain period of time. I keep tobacco in a bag from the local shop if I can smoke through it within a week or two. Any longer and the tobacco will dry out. Tupperware will last just a little longer than bags, so not ideal for long time storage.

Both glass jars will hold for a rather long time, a mason jar can be sealed air tight, the air left inside is good for the aging process of tobacco. But to seal a mason jar, heat is required which will alter the flavor and aging of the tobacco. A glass jar with a rubber seal is good, but after time the rubber seal can wear out. It will hold more air than a sealed mason jar, so it may age differently.

I will also add tins to your list of containers to use for storing bulk tobacco, they are rather cheap and easy to come by. Many have extra sitting around. I have read that these can be vacuum sealed at home without heat. These may be good for long term storage, but usually the tins are not large enough for bulk storage and a lot more tins will be required.

It all depends if you are going to smoke it now or later.
Sr Mike is offline   Reply With Quote