Old 09-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #104
lou2row

Default Re: Blind ten spot review Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Cigar #10 (Final Review)

Construction: 6x56-58(ish), light/medium brown wrapper

Pre-Light: Tobacco taste, smells like a tobacco barn

1st Third: Very peppery with a slight bit of sweetness in the background. Pepper and sweetness start to blend into a spicy-sweet cinnamon flavor.

2nd Third: Cinnamon is gone. Pepper returns to the forefront. Just pepper. Cinnamon flavor returns near the middle of the second third. Pepper and spice. The pepper is strong. Smoking this cigar is almost like tongue bite from a pipe.

Final Third: Pepper, pepper, and more pepper. I nubbed it!

Final Thoughts: I enjoyed this cigar immensely. Full-bodied, spicy, and peppery. I'd love to get my hands on more of these.

I would guess that this stick was a DPG of some sort.
Once again, good eye Andy! This is a cigar I was worried you would be able to name without even smoking. But since you weren't posting sizes, I thought it might slide through. This series is all well made, great for the price sticks. Only have a couple let me down. This is one of my favorites (and I've had them all).

The final cigar, #10 is:

legend series yellow label (DPG)

Thanks guys for letting me be a part of this. You guys put alot of time into this and it showed in your reviews. The eight non Gurkhas are all ones I keep around and in my rotation. I hope you and some of the followers found something worth trying again.