View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #24
Cigary

Default Re: Home Made Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19thHole View Post
What do you store it in? Does it stay nice and creamy?
Good question as I thought about this after I posted it,,,I store it in seal tight tupperware and burp it as you should. After it's been in the freezer and frozen just take it out, ( if its in a quart container ) microwave for a full minute and stir to the consistancy you like and eat. If it's still too frozen nuke it another 30 seconds and stir. After a few times depending on your microwave, you will get the idea as to how long.

Happy eats! I had a bowl tonight,,,and there is a good way to put fruit in there as well,,,some like fresh fruit in their ice cream as I love strawberry,,,for me I will put the fresh strawberries in a blender with some of the mix before freezing it and all the strawberries are in the blend instead of the big berries. If you don't like the big pieces of fruit like me then I suggest you put the fruit in the blender with the mix, blend it all up and then pour into the freezing cannister and make your ice cream. Strawberry, pineapple ( yes, pineapple is amazingly good,,just like they make at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii, peach or other as you have a taste for.