View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SAMs Club humidor

Saw one of these in person last night, my buddy called me over to check out his new humidor, was surprised to see it was this exact one. Has a top compartment and a bottom compartment for holding wine and boxes of cigars. The top compartment has no seal, the flashlight test was pretty definitive, has a small gap encompassing the entire lid. However, it could probably be fixed with silicone / weather sealing.

The bottom compartment on the other hand has a 2-3mm gap all the way around, you can actually look thru the gap on one side and see the wall thru the gap on the other side. Really really poor handwork on these things. Could probably be fixed with weather sealing... Maybe.

Luckily my buddy is only going to use the top part for smokes, the bottom will be a shelf for liquor and wines.

I would not recommend these to anyone on these boards. For my buddy its a great deal, hes always wanted a liquor cabinet for his wine and liquors. And the top part humidor is just an awesome extra in his eyes. I'll be over at his place this weekend helping him get the whole top lid all sealed up. I might post pics of the process if I remember.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote