View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
MrCigar

Default Re: SAMs Club humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case your local Sams Club is carrying these as I got excited last night when I saw it but was quickly let down and wanted to make sure if you saw them that you inspected them closely before dropping any coin on it.
Sams Club has a great looking humidor/wine cabinet for $250. The top portion is a small humidor that looks to be meant for singles that surprisingly seems to have a great seal and the bottom portion was meant to be where you would store boxes and wine. That's where the unfortunate part comes in. The door on the lower portion could never seal or dream of holding humidity. I literally could put my face 4 inches from the door and see through the top of the door. To put it into perspective I could probably stack two quarters on top of each other and slide them through the gap. It's a shame because it was a nice piece but unless you only wanted to use the bottom for wine and the top for may 35 or so sticks it would be great.
Just found a pic on Google images that oddly enough was from the old place. http://media.photobucket.com/image/s...5/IMAG0629.jpg
I saw this humidor/wine cabinet at Sams a few weeks ago, priced at $299. It looked great & I wanted to buy it, but not for $299. I decided to wait for the price cut. Friday my Wife & I go to Sams & they have cut the price to $199. I have a great Wife, because she says "I'll buy you this for Valentines day". I'm in. I et it home & take it out of the box & it is perfect.
This is a great humidor. Someone here posted that the humidor on top only holds 35 cigars. Wrong. I have at least 125 Cigars in the top part of the humidor. As for the bottom part of the humidor, there is a small gap at the top of the door, but I have a smaller humidor on the shelf so this gap doesn't matter to me. I will use some foam weather stripping to fill this gap. No big deal. This is a great value for $199. The quality of this piece is outstanding & is well worth $199.