Cohibo Aficionado

First Name: Craig
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
Costa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need some input

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
No problem. The lower the number, the finer the grind. The higher the number, the coarser.

For coffee, I would guess you would set at about 5, but it's a matter of seeing what comes out and adjusting from there.

Keep asking questions because Italian grinder and espresso machine user manuals are as bad as they get.

And to make things more tricky, the numbers on the Macap are hard to read. Most likely, you'll find the spot where coffee grind is perfect, put a little mark on it and go left or right a notch or two if you want to adjust. Same with Espresso.

Once you get your hands on it, it will be a breeze. I completely disassembled my Macap, cleaned the burrs, painted the number ring silver and put black lines where the numbers are, and reassembled in under an hour.

If you make the choice to get the Macap, I have step by step directions for taking it apart, which is easy and you will only do once or twice a year, or once a week if you are anal and opinionated like me.
How will I be able to tell what is the right coffee grind? Taste? (damn I must sound stupid...lol)