View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #89
theycallmedan'lboone

Default Re: The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thr

So... I play in the Huntsville Adult Soccer League http://hasl.org/ in the first division for the team WOLDE, We are currently in 3rd from the bottom (read that as 1 game away from relegation or not) we have currently 12 points. The team below us, in the relegation spot, has 11 points. They will play the last place team, we will play the first place team. We've already beaten the first place team, 1-0. How exciting! Last year, we were a single point away from promotion... this year... fighting relegation... hilarious. By my math, and the 3 points for a win 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss: If the team we are fighting relegation against wins, and we win, it no matter. If the opposition wins and we don't win, we lose. As long as they don't win, we win. This is so complicated! They are a good team, who should be on top, we are a mid level team who should be mid-level. On a note that affects everyone: The National Weather Service is forecasting a 40 degree kick-off.... (that's a bit chilly down here in 'bama) I guess I'll post Wednesday night the results... honestly It'd be really funny if we got relegated, because the talent level on the team is just awe-inspiring, minus me of course, I just hit people.

Last edited by theycallmedan'lboone; 10-28-2008 at 09:55 AM.