View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #18
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: *2011 MLB Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
What about their pitching? That may be an issue for them
Starters:
J. Verlander
M. Scherzer
R. Porcello
P. Coke
B. Penny

I think 1-2 are rock solid. Porcello is extremely talented, but not sure if we'll see the 2009 version (14-9 3.96 ERA) or the 2010 version (10-12 4.92 ERA). To be honest I think he's more than capable of blowing away his rookie numbers. Coke was great for us in the pen last year. Not sure how that transition will work out. Penny seems to be a good pickup for a 5th starter.

Bullpen:
J. Valverde
J. Benoit
R. Perry
B. Thomas
J. Zumaya
D. Schlereth
A. Alburquerque

I think again, 1-2 are lights out. Perry is similar to Porcello in that he has all the talent in the world, just hoping he takes that next step. His ERA is decent, but I'd like to see him cut down on walks. Thomas has been good for us, and Zumaya could just be gravy. They aren't counting on him at all. So, if he can eat some innings up, so be it. If he returns to old form, even better. Shlereth has some promise.

Lineup looks good, especially the heart of it:
1. A. Jackson CF
2. W. Rhymes/C. Guillen 2B
3. M. Ordonez DH
4. M. Cabrera 1B
5. V. Martinez C
6. B. Boesch RF
7. D. Kelly/R. Raburn LF
8. J. Peralta SS
9. B. Inge 3B