View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
PA_Rob
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Rob
Trading: (0)
PA_Rob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JoePa Statue coming down...

I have very strong feelings about this case but also agree with the notion that final judgment - and dissemination of the complete truth - has not yet occurred. While much information is public, and the actions/involvement of many are quite clear, the fact remains that we are all still forming opinions without the complete picture.

HOWEVER, I have to also agree that, while criminal judgment should not be made at this time, enough information has come to light to make a moral judgment on a few things. Specifically, regardless of the details of their actions, the failure by men (and I use that term very lightly) to stand up and stop the rape of children.

The right choices in life are NEVER the easy choices but, invetibaly, we all face them and are put to the truest test of who we are. Many knew and collectively worked to hide what happened for a very long time. That man - and yes, the janitors, too - sacrificed his honor and deserves to have all of his life's good works stripped from history.

They cemented their legacies. Not the media, not the courts, not those children. They chose to be remembered forever as men who allowed children to be raped when they could have stopped it. Nothing else will ever matter.

This is one of those situations that is simply terrible in every possible way. The best we can possibly hope for is that we are all reminded of how important it is to live life with honor and do what is right, especially when the right thing is so hard...
PA_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote