View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #60
lou2row

Default Re: Blind ten spot review Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Cigar #6

Construction: dark brown wrapper, 5x50, wrapper was slightly cracked around the cap.

I paired this stick w/ coffee (with sugar and cream) as suggested by the sender.

Pre-light: smooth draw (a tad tight), cinnamon flavor detected

1st Third: Very bitter flavor upon lighting. Very bitter, old black coffee flavor detectable. The cigar starts to mellow out a bit and the bitterness goes away. Some sweetness is detectable.

2nd Third: Sweetness and chocolate are strong. Still has a bit of a black coffee flavor too.

Final Third: Sweetness is still detectable, although it is very slight. Cigar tastes of dark chocolate and coffee.

Final Thoughts: Not a bad cigar. I beleived that I've smoked this cigar before, but I have no guess as to what it is. This stick was not spectacular, but I would put it on my go to list.

Now EEE's take:

I know you had asked me to drink this with coffee, but I don't drink coffee. I initially was going to drink some dark tea but because I was away from home I decided the next best thing would be a Guinness. As close to coffee as I can come.

Pre-draw - well, you instantly know why he wants you to drink it with coffee, as it tastes the way coffee smells (which I thoroughly enjoy sometimes). This had that "bite" taste. I see that Andy said bitter, which I could call it as well - but my initial reaction was "bite".

1st Third: Definitely coffee. In fact, this does go well with the Guinness. My senses are so set on the coffee taste that I get nothing else out of this section.

2nd Third: The coffee is subdued and here comes the bakers chocolate that I got from one of my previous tastings. Guinnesss still goes well with these profiles. I had one side run on me pretty good and it required a touch-up but nothing to take away from the cigar.

Final Third: I need to purge a couple of times as now I get the bitterness. It almost tastes like ash in my mouth. I don't like it - but thankfully I'm on another Guinness and am feeling good about being in Miami.

This was barely an average cigar. If it wasn't for the last third it would be slightly above average. Maybe I smoked it too fast. I'd definitely give it another shot.

This is the official cigar of the Mid Michigan Militia Herfers (MMMers). Many of us enjoy this cigar and have passed out boxes worth of them in hits and RAOKs. Alot of people stocked up when it was known they were soon to be no more. I like the cigar, but as I said, generally with coffee. Dry boxing may have helped some with the bitterness, especailly in a very humid environment.

Cigar #6 is:

Diablo