Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYX&STONED View Post
There are a few things I have learned when it comes to dealing with these bad boys.
1. If you go to the hospital for the pain, they want to dope you up and admit you for days until it passes. That cost a lot of $ and to me, is a HUGE waste of time.
2. If you know its coming, stay active and on your feet while increasing your liquid intake. Being up moving around and doing your best to keep up with the days work load will help it pass much faster.
3. Believe it or not, the big ones cause more pressure pain while slowing the flow of pee but the little ones with the jagged edges make me want to punch things.
& last but not least
4. As most of you look at those pictures and say, "you poor SOB"... I have learned to deal with this form of pain and if given something to deal with for my entire life...I'll take what I've been given. There are many other people out there that suffer from other forms of chronic pain that I do not believe I could handle as well as I do the kidney stone pain. And it could be worse than this, at least it not terminal just chronic.
All valid points. While the bigger ones do cause more pressure, I have found the smaller ones with those jagged edges to be the real painful ones.

As far as hospital, I have to admit that out of my 16, I have gone to the ER about 5 or 6 times.
The ones in July landed me there whether I wanted it or not. I was vomiting so much and so uncontrolled, as the pain intensified, that I was very dehydrated and came close to losing consciousness. It is a very good thing I went. I could not hold down water and as you know, that is the number cure for a stone. So, you have to know when to run for that morphine and IV but most can be passed at home.

Oh.......and I did have that magical one back in 2003 that they had to go in manually through the opening on my you know what and extract it. I had spent 13 days trying to pass it on my own as I refused to listen to the Dr. and let him go in and get it. I finally couldn't take it anymore and agreed to be admitted for the procedure. Thank God I was knocked out for that one or I would have knocked him out. I flew cross country with that stone. You should see what it feels like at 35,000 feet.

Hey, I feel like I found a support group.