View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #40
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (11)
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Gardeners in the Asylum

I got two types of Cucmbers up. A bush type for pickling and a vine type for the gf to eat in salads and such.
Then some bush style green beens. I find them easier to grow, needing no poles or lines to set for them to grow up.
Also I have some yellow onions comming up along with some Yukon Gold Potatoes.
I have a few feet of carrots comming up as well. I don't care for them much, but the 1yr old loves them for some reason!
Then I have a line of asparagus. I haven't quite figured out how or when to harvest them. So right now they are nothing but an ornamental plant.

And last but not least, I have three different strains of Tobacco in seedling form. I may have over watered them some, because a few are dying off. I have replanted a few to see if I can recoop my losses on them.

All of the plants, I have staggered the planting of the seeds. Then, I don't have one big run of harvesting to do. So I have a run of one row of plants producing, then after I pick them, the next row will be producing a few weeks afterwards.