View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #30
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gardeners in the Asylum

I'm going to put the plant stand together tonight so we can get our seeds started.
If I don't, I risk falling way behind.

Cliff, staggering starting times is best for holding your plants back. Your growing season is longer, but if it gets too hot and dry, you might need some shadecloth or something to keep the melons from scorching.
The only thing I don't stagger is tomatoes and corn. I use different varieties that bear at different times. It seems to work a lot better because we have such a short season. If the corn kernels don't start well, it's all over. No second chances.

I'm with you on the "yearly thread thing", too. I tried talking Lance into it when he was making this thread but I was a second too late.