View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie Review: Gurkha Regent (Box Pressed)

The Regent was a beautiful cigar when I first got it. I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the line of the 2-3 months in my humi it began to crack. Oh well. There is a gorgeous veinless brown wrapper, encasing Honduras filler tobaccos. The Regent is a medium to full cigar. Beautiful smoke, and a amazing prelight smell.

First Third: upon lighting I got little to no smoke. Throughout the first third, this tapered on and off, making for so far a very boring cigar. Not much to see. Some small puffs of leather reached my tongue, but that was it.

Second Third: Ka bang! On the retrohale I was dominated by strong wood! I mean, STRONG wood. Small leather, but lots of WOOD. Then came the french inhale, that I like to do, and Ka Blam! More wood!

Third third: Hints of chocolate, and straight tobacco come to accompany the wood flavor. Personally, it was a stale chocolate that I didn't much appreciate, and as it wound down, it went into a leather only stage. I think I tasted some floral accents as well.

Over all this was a nice cigar. It didn't give me alot of smoke, but what it did give was amazing.. I would recommend this if you can get it for less than 7.00.

You can find this cigar Here.

Taste: 22/25
Construction: 23/25
Draw/Burn:17/25
Smoke: 23/25

Total: 85.

Good smoke if you can find it under $7

PS Sorry no pictures this time.. My phone was dead
colinb913 is offline   Reply With Quote