View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #1078
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Playoffs? Playoffs? Any Reds team that makes the playoffs at this point is a major upgrade from teams past in recent history. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm happy with a winning record this year. I think we will be better off than many think at this point though. If we make it to the playoffs, the Braves and Padres will be very tough though.
It is a good sign if they can end with a winning record, but past indications will show they will likely dump some of their best players in favor of a farm system that hasn't produced much (particularly in the batters box). To this point in the season it seems like a perfect storm that is keeping the Reds in the hunt (bad division, last at-bat wins and St. Louis playing like trash) and the offseason may do a lot more harm than good.