View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #1289
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: What beers are you enjoying II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
What do you think? I was pissed off about this one. $14 for a 4 pack is crazy. This is a $2 beer at very best. Damn near exactly like Maui Brewing Big Swell IPA.

Since you have the Stone Brewing Gargoyle in your avatar, you obviously have good taste.
You hit the nail on the head. Basically the long and short of it. I haven't seen the normal beer guy around I talk to at the liquor store, so some other dude was pushing these hard. Apparently they sold out quick and people loved them

So anyways I snag 2 of them because I don't know the guy and don't usually trust people who's tastes I haven't verified. The first one I drank a few days after I bought it. It was passable as an IPA but that's about it, nothing great....I didn't want to finish it but beer is beer. Too dry, tastes too "pine-y".

So now I'm sitting here bored and whatnot about 2 months later, this one is no better. Nothing worth buying once even to try. I'll finish it but yeah disappointed, especially since I absolutely love their Ten-Fidy. Damn good beer for $4.

This, not so much