View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 07:58 AM   #2499
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDVC View Post
I don't do pictures, but I was at my local military base and stopped in the PX to see if they had restocked their liquor isle. I came across a bottle of Blanton's I hadn't see before. There was only one bottle on the shelf, so I said what the heck, and I picked it up t start the holiday season off right. The stock person was hanging around and I asked if there were any more and she said there was only one per customer, per day.

The bottle looks like cut crystal, the a horse and rider on the cap, with the bottle individually numbered, dated and cataloged with Barrel No, Warehouse No and Rick No. It is 93 proof.

Haven't opened it yet, but should I go back and get more? Seemed to be rationing it pretty tightly and at $43, it wasn't an expensive bottle.
Thats a steal at 43. I just paid 85 out the door because I have only seen it in a store one other time since moving to SE Michigan.