View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #3047
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

This weekend I have on tap a couple of items...I am going to do a rack of beef ribs
that I somehow managed to find with some actual meat on them. Piggly Wiggly markets
2 products, their skinned down to shiners "beef ribs" and a "Boneless Beef Short Ribs"
which is what they call the meat that they stole from me then sold me a rib carcass for
$1.99 a lb. But the Boneless flankens aren't terribly expensive either, so maybe I can
combine the two cuts on the smoker for a nice variety of the same thing, lol.
I talked to the butcher and told him I was gonna want him to save me some actual beef ribs
in one piece later on in April, and he said, 'OK, that's fine.' SO finally I will get to actually
smoke the beef ribs I talk about all the time.....where was I??

OH, yeah. Beef ribs, and if the cool front actually produces cool temps, some Hamburgers and some chicken.
If it just stays hot, I am gonna stop at the ribs. I still have a triple rack pack of small bone spareribs in the freezer
that I need to get done soon, but they will stay frozen for at least a month. I need to start re-evaluating the freezer
and getting ready for Sprummer. I think I am gonna get off the baby back kick this year and go back to plain ol
spares.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote