View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Warped Cigars- Little Havana: Private Blend

Warped Cigars- Little Havana: Private Blend

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Maduro
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Size: Corona Gorda
Strength: Full

This cigar was provided to me by warpedcigars for review. Coming in at 5 ½ by 47-48 ring gauge, this corona gorda sized cigar sports a dark mottled Ecuadorian maduro wrapper, with Nicaraguan long fillers and binder.

Appearance: As stated above, this cigar has a dark, almost chocolate looking mottled wrapper. When held in the light, you can see a slight sheen from the oils in the wrapper. The construction is very good, with a flawless roll and well placed cap to top it off. The cigar feels well packed over the whole length of the cigar; there were no under-filled or overly hard spots.

Pre Draw: This cigar had a slight barnyard smell to it, mixed with a slight hay/grass aroma. I decided to use a punch cutter, and after using it found the cigar to have a free draw with slight resistance. The cold flavor was that of hay, with some slight Nicaraguan zest.

Tasting Notes/Performance: After lighting, the first flavor I tasted was that of spice. After a few puffs, the chocolate and coffee flavors melded into the spicy flavor that was noted before. It was reminiscent of the Mexican hot chocolate I had in high school Spanish class. The only difference is that the spice was the predominant flavor in this situation, not the chocolate. As the cigar develops a nice nutty and slightly woody flavor wavers in and out and remains there through the final third of the cigar. Towards the end, the cigar became a bit hot and was slightly harsh, but this could have been due to my puffing rate more than the actual cigar.

Overall Experience: This cigar was full of wonderfully rich flavors that had a hearty spice base and a full body. I would suggest that everyone try at least one of these when they get the chance. Superb!