View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #71
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a new laptop- Apple?

I do lots of stuff, video and photo editing, play games, overclock, build my own systems, all that sort of stuff.
I run Windows XP on all my stuff.
I've been a windows developer partner since '99. Vista sucked ass from day one.
I just got done with Windows 7, and the DRM issues were never-ending.
If I ever changed operating systems from Windows XP, which I probably never will until the hardware runs past it, then I'll look at Leopard or Linux.
I'm pretty much Bill Gates'd out.
I have never for a second considered a Mac, because it meets none of my needs.
In the future, it may. The tricycle/motorcycle representation pretty much says it all.
Add to that Mac is overwhelmingly overpriced, and it's a tough call.
It really depends who you are and what you're willing to learn.
My only issue now is Digital Rights Management. I don't want an OS that doesn't let me do what I want to do the way I want to do it. Apple is free of that crap.
I think Apple is headed in the direction I want to see happen for me.
Windows isn't.
Google is coming.
I'm glad I don't have to make your decision, Christos.
Honestly, you can't go wrong either way for what you want to do, regardless of what fanboi's like myself might say. Buy what makes you happy. You'll be happy with it.
I'd stay away from the airbooks with no optical drive though. You'll have to drag around a sidearm dvd/cd burner, and that'll suck. Big time.